Welcome to Elmwood at The Springs Health & Wellness Campus!
For centuries, Green Springs, Ohio has been known for its sulphur springs which attracted people from all over the region in seeking the alleged curative powers of the water. From the Indians who once drank the water to heal their sick and injured to the many people throughout the 1800's who came from the city to "take the waters" to better their health, the sulphur springs continues to be one of the world's largest of its kind. Eight million gallons of 50-degree sulphur water continues to flow through a fissure in the bedrock creating and sustaining this beautiful pond. No longer used for medical treatments, the warm-water pond is the year-round home for several varieties of ducks, geese, and swans.
Elmwood has upheld the area's ancient healing tradition by continuing to care for the aged, the sick and the injured by acquiring the historic Springs and its surrounding lands to create a new healthcare campus that will serve many generations for years to come.
In 2009, Elmwood Centers, Inc., of Green Springs, located directly across from the natural springs, acquired their neighboring campus formerly known as St. Francis Health Care Centre. By consolidating the historic springs 35-acre healthcare campus with Elmwood Centers established 12-acre senior living campus offering Independent Living, Assisted Living, and a Nursing Home, a 47-acre health and wellness campus was created becoming northern Ohio's newest and most unique Continuum of Care Health & Wellness campus in the region. This campus is known today as Elmwood at The Springs.
ELMWOOD AT THE SPRINGS HEALTHCARE SERVICES
Elmwood Healthcare Center & Speciality Hospital at The Springs
We provide specialized care services for patients requiring extended medical care and rehabilitation. Those with catastrophic or acute illnesses and injuries can work toward recovery. The average length of stay is 25 days.
Specialty Hospital /LTACH (Long-Term Acute Care Hospital)
Accredited by the Joint Commission and licensed by the State of Ohio, Elmwood's Specialty Hospital is Medicare/Medicaid approved and has been providing healthcare and rehabilitation services since 1983, when it was designated one of Ohio's first Long-Term Acute Care Hospitals (LTACH).
Our Hospital Programs:
Complex Medical Program
We serve patients who typically have multiple injuries and/or illnesses that require acute nursing care. Inpatient Dialysis and Wound Care Specialists are available.
Vent Weaning Program
We provide care for patients while reducing dependency upon the mechanical ventilator. Isolated Therapy Room, 24-Hour Respiratory Staff, Onsite Pulmonologist & Nurse Practitioner, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialist, Home Vent Education and Consultation. Ask about our excellent vent weaning successes!
Acute Rehabilitation Program
An aggressive physical rehabilitation program for individuals disabled through injury or illness. Onsite Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist.
Our Hospital Services:
- Ventilator Weaning program
- Home Ventilator Education
- Chest Tube Management
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist
- 24-Hour Onsite Respiratory Therapy
- Inpatient Dialysis
- Telemetry Services
- Complex Wound Management
- TPN/IV Therapy & Blood Product Infusions
- Isolation / Negative Pressure Rooms
- Halo Care (Soft and Rigid)
- Isolation Therapy Room
Treatment & Care For:
- Complex Medical Conditions
- Pulmonary, Cardiovascular & Neuromuscular Disease
- Neurological Disorders
- Severe Wounds & Skin Ulcers
- Multi-system Failure
- Spinal Cord/Traumatic Brain Injury
- Post Operative Complications
- Acute Renal Disease/Failure
- Infectious Diseases
Elmwood's Admissions Coordinator will answer your questions about our facility. To make a seamless transition from the hospital to Elmwood, one of our nurse liaisons will complete an onsite assessment and meet with the patient and their family to answer any remaining concerns.
We welcome and encourage patient and family tours. Weekend referrals & admissions accepted
Our Nursing Staff takes great pride in meeting the individual needs of each resident in a caring and emotionally supportive environment. Maintaining a full professional nursing staff 24-hours a day to ensure that each resident attains the highest level of physical well-being. Elmwood is Medicare and Medicaid certified.
Skilled Nursing Services provides specialized nursing and rehabilitative care for those who require physician-ordered skilled nursing. Pintail Pond, a newly remodeled unit with 18-beds, offers roomy, semi-private, and private rooms. Unit specializes in Orthopedic Surgery Rehabilitation for those recuperating from elective surgeries such as hip and knee replacement. Physical, Occupational, Hand, and Speech Therapy services are provided onsite. Daily social activities provided. Whistler's Cafe, the unit's spacious dining room and coffee bar, offers a computer lounge and a 52-inch flat-screen TV.
A Chronic Vent Unit also operates in the Skilled Nursing wing.
Long-Term Nursing Care provides residential care services for those needing non-medical related care that may have a chronic illness or disability. Long-term care helps our residents to meet their health or personal needs assisting them with activities of daily living such as dressing and bathing.
Rehabilitation Therapy Physical, Occupational, Hearing, and Speech Therapy services available on an inpatient and outpatient basis. Our state-of-the-art facility includes three large therapy clinics and a therapy pool.
- The Wetlands Aquatic Therapy Pool: Enjoy our spacious, 30' x 40' warm-water therapy pool for great muscle strengthening and pain relief. Handicap accessible. Open swim available for therapeutic purposes. Fee applies.
- Hand Therapy: A Certified Hand Therapist will help relieve pain, restore movement, and hand functions allowing you to regain confidence to perform daily tasks.
- Speech Therapy: Assisting individuals of all ages, our specialists will help to restore speech after a stroke or injury. Assist individuals with autism, speech impediments, and other speech disorders.
- Sleep Center: Elmwood’s Feathers Sleep Center can assist those who may suffer from Sleep Apnea or other sleep disorders. Signs of sleep disorders include morning headaches, feeling drowsy upon awakening, and experiencing memory difficulties or poor concentration throughout your day. To be tested, you must first contact your family physician since a prescription is required. Our private bedrooms offer a quality, queen size bed with pillow-topped mattress, flat-screen TV, and other amenities. Elmwood’s Director of Pulmonary Services will oversee all studies. Test results received quickly with consultation to follow. Accepted by most insurances. Offered through Outpatient Services.
- Hearing/Audiology Services: Hearing and Audiology services are available in our Outpatient Services unit. Diagnostic hearing evaluations, hearing aid prescriptions, fittings, adjustments, repairs and wax removal service available. For complete hearing services, consultations and products, call Outpatient Services.
- Day Springs Program: Innovative Habilitation program that helps Developmentally Disabled adults learn a variety of day skills while enhancing each individual’s abilities in a fun and positive way. Programs include: Fitness program, Crafts, Horticultural program and more. Day Springs Hours: M-F 9am – 2pm. Both East and West Green Springs Campus facilities are utilized for this program. For information, contact Melynda at email@example.com .
Directions & Contact Information
Elmwood Healthcare Center & Specialty Hospital at The Springs
West Campus - 401 N. Broadway St.
Green Springs, OH 44836
Rachel Straka- Admissions Coordinator
Phone (419) 639-2626 Ext 4265
Fax (419) 639-6222